Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Academy records trip last weekend

So last Sunday I had nothing to do so I took the train the NYC by myself to hit up some stores and walk around and enjoy the city.  Whenever I go to the city I have to go to Academy Records in Brooklyn and try to find something awesome.

I went through all the newly received LPs and 7's and found nothing I wanted. Then I went through all the backstock of LP's and still came up short. Finally I went to the 7"'s which I had discovered had been alphabetized, previously they had just been thrown in boxes all crazy like. First thing I found was a Skarhead / 25 Ta Life split. I dont really like either band, but it was only 5 bucks and I thought it was kind of funny so i bought it. The record itself is great looking blue vinyl, but the vinyl itself is flimsy and cheap. The sleeve is also cheap as fuck, but whatever it was 5 bucks.



Then I found some NJ shore style hardcore, The Little Rascals 7" Wig out at Asa's. The shore bands are some of the funnest bands around and are always a great time to see.  I never saw the Little Rascals but I've heard only good things so i grabbed the record. The orange vinyl looks great and is nice and heavy. The insert is heavy cardstock and folds out to be way bigger than needed. I love how the first song is a Fast Times at Ridgemont High reference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment